Tuesday, March 9, 2010

This Day Is The Day To Celebrate


Praise God that I am enjoying this day (not just because it is my birthday) but more because of the mercy and grace He has bestowed upon me that I now have this intimate relationship with Him. What else do I desire than to live and move and have my being in Him and Him alone for His glory alone!

I experienced God's love and this what John Wesley calls the "heart-warming experience" when I was 15. Now I am already 28 and God's love overwhelms me still. There were so many temptations and obstacles along the way which promised the satisfaction of the cravings of my depraved heart. In the end, I always see myself empty and discontented. Praise God for His patience for a hard-headed like me! Praise God for His unconditional love! Indeed, words are not enough to magnify His Being! He always picks me up.

Today, there is more reason to celebrate! God's faithfulness is so much evident in my life for 28 years! I have already shared to some people that I am an "accidental baby". :D My mother was taking contraceptive pills but God willed that she conceived me. Starting from my conception up to this moment, God's sovereignty and wisdom is very evident. (There is no blessings in disguise, everything was planned and willed by the Lord.)

Praise be unto God! Praise God for the adoption he has done for me. Praise God that I am His beloved. Praise God He satisfies my soul. The more I am overwhelmed with God's love, the more I long to have more of Him - to know Him deeper and to enjoy Him more. He is the reason why I celebrate this day.

Thomas Watson writes: "The soul is never satisfied till it has God for its portion, and heaven for its haven." I find this very true. I wanna sing with King David in his psalm:
Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psa 73:25-26)

1 comments:

Bernard Rosario said...

This 28th year of GOD's grace to you means another year of GOD's grace to SCC-UMYFP. Praise GOD for you!

Post a Comment

 
Copyright His Beloved 2011.